Hi friends! It seems like it's been years since I've popped on here, but in reality, it's only been a little under three months. A lifetime of wonderful and not so wonderful things have happened this summer but most importantly: I'M DONE WITH THE BAR EXAM! It's taken a couple of days for it to really to set in that I'll never have to study for another exam and it feels wonderful.
So, let's chat! The bar exam was definitely both the high and low of this summer. I did a few fun things this summer, but not many! I went home and spent three weeks in Texas, applied to The Bachelor (although I didn't get picked #RIPmydreams), caught up with some longtime friends, and prepared to start a new job. These were both the slowest and the fastest months I've ever had.
Initially, I decided to go to Texas for my friend, Sarah's, bridal shower. After three days at home, I realized that I would be crazy not to spend my remaining time there where I could lay by a private pool at any and all hours, ask (AKA demand) certain types of food and have it delivered to me in bed, cry repeatedly and not be judged...the list goes on and on. It was a great time spent at home and I fully believe I would've lost all my marbles studying for the bar exam if I were alone in Chicago.
Yes, I did it. I, Ellen, applied to The Bachelor. OK let me start from the beginning of the story. I'm not a huge fan of The Bachelor. It all depends on the season. If I love the person they picked for either The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, then I'm all in. If not, I'm out. Well... My beloved friend, Ellie, nominated me for The Bachelor as a total joke and two days later I woke up to an email from the producer. After an application, fifteen pictures, and a video (🙈) they ended up not picking me for the final rounds in LA. I was bummed, but figured that was totally fine as I started a new job today If you're in the market of nominating someone, applying yourself, or just want to see a tragic application video then email me! Ha.
Over the summer, I got to catch up with so many out-of-town friends and it made my heart so happy. Which leads me to some VERY exciting news... My friend, Emily, (who is basically my own personal nutritionist) is going to start collaborating with me for some healthy-ish recipes coming up later this year. Think: paleo Chick-Fil-A nuggets, sunflower butter chocolate muffins, football snacks and cocktails. I'm so excited to cook with her from afar because she'll be in Colorado and I'll be in Illinois.
I can't believe all the big "milestones" that I looked at in January with fear and trepidation have already happened. It is quite strange honestly. Time is passing so quickly. Sigh. I haven't been shopping much this summer but below are fifteen things I've been enjoying, in no particular order.
- Granola butter to dip chocolate in, to throw in a smoothie, to eat with a spoon... You know the drill.
- My diet. It's changed so much over the past three years but I'm finally in a place where I feel comfortable with my body. I like to call it "mostly paleo with some gluten free pasta and wine thrown in on rough days". Yes, I still have dessert everyday. No, I don't care.
- Paleo Puffs. So. Much. Goodness. Please do yourself a favor and stop by Whole Foods soon to grab some.
- Best half-marathon training plan I've found. I'm on week three!
- Loving these new workout shorts. They run true to size (I wear a size 6 at Lulu) and I recommend EVERYONE get the "long" version - no matter how petite you are! They run extremely short.
- My body is finally acclimated to an all-natural deodorant. I think it took 3x as long as anyone else, ha! I got this brand sans baking soda so I would stop staining my white workout tops!
- The cutest pink leggings that will make you feel super slim. Runs true to size (I wear a M at OV).
- Grabbed some loafers, cropped pants, and the best silk tops for new job, new me. Then I found out I could wear jeans.
- Have the strangest tan lines, but this is my favorite suit of the summer and may just be my favorite suit EVER...
- Paper bag pants. I love this trend. High waisted + slim pant + crop leg = lookin' skinny. I loved these but they were sold out in my size so I grabbed these instead!
- Real Housewives of New York - it's the best season yet. I don't say this lightly.
- I'm going to Tulsa for a wedding in August and I grabbed a used Anthropologie maxi dress (off ebay - best kept secret around!) and these wedges to go with it. I'm dying for some @madebymaddiedesigns earrings to pair with!
- If you have a Clarisonic then grab this brush head! It feels like angels are rubbing feathers on your skin when you wash your face.
- Waterloo is so yummy. Annie convinced me to grab some after she raved about them and I love the watermelon, lime, and black cherry flavors.
- Gluten free pizza. Of course.
I have a slow week ahead and am already looking forward to the weekend. I think my iPhone is about to fall apart so I'm probably going to go to the Apple Store this week to grab a new one. Do you have anything fun planned?!